Current:Home > MarketsJay-Z's Made in America festival canceled for second consecutive year -TradeWise
Jay-Z's Made in America festival canceled for second consecutive year
TrendPulse View
Date:2025-04-06 12:16:11
The Made in America festival will be MIA for another year.
The annual music festival founded by Jay-Z has been canceled for 2024, marking the second consecutive year that it will not be held. No reason for the cancellation was provided.
"As purveyors of change, the Made In America executive production team is reimagining a live music experience that affirms our love and dedication to music and the work we do," a statement shared on the festival's website said. "We promise an exciting return to the festival."
USA TODAY has reached out to Made in America for more information.
The music festival, founded in 2012, is typically held annually over Labor Day weekend along the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia. Prior to 2023, it had only been canceled once in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Jay-Z's Made in America 2023with Lizzo, SZA, more canceled due to 'severe circumstances'
Last year, organizers announced the cancelation of the festival that had been set for September. The announcement came less than a month ahead of time, by which point a line-up that included Lizzo, SZA and Ice Spice had already been announced.
"Due to severe circumstances outside of production control, the 2023 Made In America festival will no longer be taking place," last year's statement read. "This decision has been difficult and has not been made lightly nor without immense deliberation."
At the time, the festival promised to be back, saying, "We look forward to returning to Benjamin Franklin Parkway and the great city of Philadelphia in 2024."
Jay-Zcalls out Grammys over Beyoncé snubs: 'We want y'all to get it right'
Jim Kenney, then the mayor of Philadelphia, expressed disappointment in the cancelation in a statement to The Associated Press last year, saying the Made in America festival "has grown into a Philly tradition on Labor Day Weekend celebrating music and promoting worthwhile social causes" and that "we look forward to bringing Made in America back and bigger than ever to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway next year."
The statement shared by the festival on Wednesday said that since its inception, Made in America "has celebrated music & community - from creating a space for fans to connect, to uplifting local small businesses & shining a light on important causes," and has "strived for accessibility, eliminating barriers through affordable tickets and location."
The most recent edition of the Made in America festival held in 2022 featured performances by Bad Bunny and Tyler, the Creator. No lineup for the 2024 festival had been revealed prior to the cancellation.
Contributing: Edward Segarra, Clare Mulroy and 10Best Editors, USA TODAY
veryGood! (5)
Related
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- NHL awards 2024: Finalists announced for Vezina Trophy as top goaltender
- Trial starts in conspiracy-fueled case of girlfriend charged in Boston police officer’s death
- Sophia Bush makes red carpet debut with girlfriend Ashlyn Harris: See the photos
- IRS recovers $4.7 billion in back taxes and braces for cuts with Trump and GOP in power
- Poisoned cheesecake used as a weapon in an attempted murder a first for NY investigators
- Churchill Downs president on steps taken to improve safety of horses, riders
- 2.9 magnitude earthquake rattles New Jersey
- Have Dry, Sensitive Skin? You Need To Add These Gentle Skincare Products to Your Routine
- 3 U.S. MQ-9 Reaper drones, worth about $30 million each, have crashed in or near Yemen since November
Ranking
- Juan Soto to be introduced by Mets at Citi Field after striking record $765 million, 15
- Eric Church speaks out on his polarizing Stagecoach 2024 set: 'It felt good'
- AIGM Crypto: the Way to Combat Inflation
- Early in-person voting begins ahead of Georgia’s May 21 primary and judicial elections
- Can Bill Belichick turn North Carolina into a winner? At 72, he's chasing one last high
- New charges announced against 4 youths arrested in gunfire at event to mark end of Ramadan
- Megan Fox and Machine Gun Kelly Slow Dance at Stagecoach Festival
- Pair of giant pandas set to travel from China to San Diego Zoo under conservation partnership
Recommendation
Small twin
Interstate near Arizona-New Mexico line reopens after train derailment as lingering fuel burns off
'Critical safety gap' between Tesla drivers, systems cited as NHTSA launches recall probe
Clayton MacRae: Fed Rates Cut at least 3 more Times
US appeals court rejects Nasdaq’s diversity rules for company boards
Former Slack CEO's 16-Year-Old Child Mint Butterfield Found After Being Reported Missing
Affluent Americans are driving US economy and likely delaying need for Fed rate cuts
Clayton MacRae: Fed Rates Cut at least 3 more Times