Current:Home > reviewsPoinbank:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -TradeWise
Poinbank:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
TradeEdge View
Date:2025-04-06 13:04:14
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Poinbank which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (2876)
Related
- Bodycam footage shows high
- Manhunt enters second day for 4 Georgia jail escapees. Here's what to know.
- Snack food maker to open production in long-overlooked Louisville area, Beshear says
- Love Is Blind’s Izzy Zapata Debuts New Girlfriend After Stacy Snyder Breakup
- Newly elected West Virginia lawmaker arrested and accused of making terroristic threats
- ADL official on anti-Jewish, Muslim hate: 'Our fight is often one that is together'
- How US military moves, including 2,000 Marines, will play into Israel-Gaza conflict
- Sweden reports damage to an undersea cable to Estonia, after Finland cites damage to a gas pipeline
- New data highlights 'achievement gap' for students in the US
- Maryland medical waste incinerator to pay $1.75M fine for exposing public to biohazardous material
Ranking
- Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
- Clemson's Dabo Swinney: 'Maybe we need to lose a few games and lighten up the bandwagon'
- Cleanup cost for nuclear contamination sites has risen nearly $1 billion since 2016, report says
- 'Jurassic Park' actor Sam Neill shares update on cancer battle: 'I'm not frightened of dying'
- How to watch the 'Blue Bloods' Season 14 finale: Final episode premiere date, cast
- U.S. gets a C+ in retirement, on par with Kazakhstan and lagging other wealthy nations
- Reba McEntire claims she's 'not the best.' As a coach on 'The Voice', she's here to learn
- Juventus midfielder Nicolò Fagioli gets seven-month ban from soccer for betting violations
Recommendation
What were Tom Selleck's juicy final 'Blue Bloods' words in Reagan family
Natural History Museum vows better stewardship of human bones
Nicole Avant says she found inspiration in mother's final text message before her death: I don't believe in coincidences
Maren Morris files for divorce from Ryan Hurd after 5 years of marriage
Tom Holland's New Venture Revealed
LSU voted No. 1 in the USA TODAY Sports women's college basketball preseason poll
China says US moves to limit access to advanced computer chips hurt supply chains, cause huge losses
Kristin Cavallari Addresses Once Telling Travis Kelce I Was in Love With You